Wednesday the drywall taping guys arrived and applied a first coat of mud to everything and taped all the seams. I am dreading the next phase, sanding. Ugh there is going to be a layer of dust everywhere. We just have to keep telling ourselves just wait until it is finished and we'll love it.
We also went to Home Depot and picked out the Deck material and placed it on order. We have decided to try that new composite deck material. We figured it was a small enough area to try it out and see if we like it before we do a big deck in it down the road.
Thursday I met with the fireplace surround/cabinet guy, and we ironed out all the details for the building of the fireplace. Another 50% deposit out the window. He is the same guy who did our current fireplace and bar cabinets so we know he does good work so we felt better about using him versus another new person.
Nobody else showed up today to work on the project, another rain day in paradise.
We have also been experimenting with color options. I think we have selected the ones we are going with but we keep looking at the color wall and rethinking ourselves. Any opinions? If you double click on the photo you will be able to see a larger view of the picture.
Progress! Doug's the color guy and I'll let him weigh in but I love, love, love that you are using color! We waited a long time to add colors and now would never go back to a white ceiling!
ReplyDeleteThe Kesslers